STANDARD LONGEVITY FEATURES
All of our plans are designed with key universal design elements that facilitate visitability and aging-in-place, including:
- zero step entries (including the garage)
- doors to rooms at least 2'-10" wide
- at least one main floor bathroom with 60” turning radius or ADA “T-turn space” and 30”x48” clear space
ADDITIONAL LONGEVITY FEATURES
Some of our plans include additional features, such as:
- bypass doors
- pocket doors
- maneuvering clearances for wheeled mobility devices in additional bathrooms
- knee spaces and varied countertop heights
- maneuvering clearances for wheeled mobility devices in other rooms, such as walk-in closets and laundry rooms
- garages with room for a ramp van
- 60” diameter turnaround space for wheeled mobility devices in hallways
- greater than 60” diameter turnaround spaces
- doors wider than 2'-10"
- elevator or future elevator option (stacked closets that could be modified to become an elevator shaft)
WHICH NEST HOME PLAN IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
You should evaluate each plan for your current - and potential - needs.
If you require additional personalization, our plans are a great starting point. Since many accessibility features are already built-in, you probably won't need to customize as many things with your builder as you would if you start with the typical home plans that are sold elsewhere.
ADVANTAGES OF BUILDING A NEST HOME PLAN
Keep in mind that a home designed to be adapted easily is not only an advantage to you should you choose to “age-in-place,” but also to your position in the marketplace if you sell the home due to short supply and a wider range of potential buyers.
photo ©Dakota Lynne
I really love this floor plan, however I wish it had a virtual tour I could see before I purchase the plans!
Do you have a 2/2 of about 1,000 to 1,200 sf? Your homes are fabulous!!!!